Dubai group announces $1bn Viceroy hotel project
Dubai, May 15, 2013
SKAI Holdings, a Dubai-based real estate investment firm, has unveiled plans for its new $1billion hotel and furnished residences project on the Palm Jumeirah, Dubai.
The development will be operated by Viceroy Hotel and Resorts, marking the company’s first venture into Dubai and its second in the UAE alongside sister property Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.
Located on ultimate beachfront property in one of the world’s most desirable destinations, the Viceroy Dubai Palm Jumeirah is owned by SKAI Holdings.
The construction has begun on the project, with completion and grand opening slated for the last quarter of 2016, said a top official.
“Viceroy Dubai Palm Jumeirah will offer the best of all worlds. It is a luxury urban beach resort in the heart of Dubai. It is a family retreat as well as an exciting entertainment destination and its exceptional banqueting and business facilities make it ideal for corporate use," remarked Kabir Mulchandani, the CEO of SKAI Holdings.
"The property will be everything for everyone! We have partnered with Viceroy Hotels and Resorts as the brand is renowned for delivering enchanting lifestyle experiences and intuitive service in sought-after locations around the world,: he stated.
"Viceroy Dubai Palm Jumeirah will offer its guests 481 large rooms and suites, and 221 signature Viceroy Residences all with breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea made possible by innovative architecture and design," he added.
According to him, the property’s attractive location is situated at the base trunk of The Palm Jumeirah archipelago, making it easily accessible from the mainland of Dubai.
"The location is ideal being only 12 minutes from DownTown Dubai - a key business and tourist destination in the heart of the city - and 5 minutes from Mall of the Emirates, another key tourist destination in Dubai. It is also 5 minutes away from other business and tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina and Dubai Media City," he noted.
Nadia Zaal, the CEO of Zaya Dubai, and driving force behind Al Barari and luxury development Nurai Island, commented on her company’s reputation for luxury, quality and style, “people want it all and with this project, we intend to deliver. With our previous projects we developed a reputation for unsurpassed quality and Viceroy will truly redefine the idea of an urban destination.
It will combine a refined and luxurious environment, with all of the amenities that are vital to a property of this type.”
“This property marks our first foray into the Dubai market and is a milestone in our growth in the region” said
Commenting on the launch, Bill Walshe, the CEO of Viceroy Hotel Group said, "Our market entry is perfectly timed and our partnership marks the coming together and collaboration of two success stories in the real estate and hospitality industries. We expect this property to set a new bar in beachfront luxury, not just for Dubai, but anywhere in the world.”
Viceroy Dubai Palm Jumeirah will feature services and amenities created especially for the diverse group of business and leisure guests expected to frequent the hotel and residences.
"The property will boast 10 of the world’s best restaurants along with a gourmet market and bakery. It will have over 800 sq m of wellness spa facilities including 10 treatment rooms with indoor and outdoor treatments for women and men," stated Walshe.
The resort will have over 350 sq m of indoor fitness facilities with spectacular sea views and three separate outdoor swimming pools – a 106 metre pool for recreation, and the other two for relaxation and children, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals