Union Properties Q1 net profit slips 2.2pc
Dubai, May 15, 2013
Dubai developer Union Properties reported a 2.2 per cent drop in first-quarter net profit on Wednesday due to a slump in housing sales.
The Dubai-listed firm made a first quarter net profit of Dh21.9 million ($5.96 million), it said in a bourse statement, slightly lower than Dh22.4 million it posted in the corresponding period last year.
Revenue from sales of homes and property management plunged to Dh25.8 million from Dh159.8 million in the prior-year period.
However expenses reduced to Dh24.6 million from Dh35.1 million in the year ago period.
The company was one of many property firms in Dubai that were hit by a property market collapse in 2009-10, which saw home prices plunging by more than half and a large number of projects being put on hold. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show