Bahrain designers eyeing hub status
Manama, May 13, 2013
Bahrain is at the forefront of original and innovative concepts and solutions in the interiors, design and decor sector, said top industry players at the receent gulfInteriors 2013 expo in Manama.
Home-grown businesses are confident of positioning Bahrain as a regional hub of interiors, design and decor.
Banking on lucrative trade prospects as a result of the recently held gulfInteriors 2013, industry players said the kingdom was at the forefront of original and innovative concepts and solutions.
Many manufacturers and designers introduced their latest products and designs at the event.
"We showcased a new material - a new type of laminated medium-density fibreboard (MDF) - that we have introduced to Bahrain," CreEx Furniture creative designer Elena Golosova told the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, during the exhibition.
"Not only is it lighter, weatherproof, easier to shape and install, but also five times cheaper than wood.
"We wanted to show that Bahrainis can also make high-quality furniture locally. Our designs are contemporary and the look is refreshingly different," she said.
For corporate interior service provider, Salam Enterprises, the event was a platform to feature a new 'health-positive' range.
Country manager Hossam Gomaa said the company believed innovative design and ergonomics make for the perfect workplace.
"The exhibition provided a great opportunity for us and we were pleased to take part in it," Almoayyed Furnishing division manager Reem Behzad said.
"This year, we created an open space scheme to allow visitors to not only see our furniture, but also our portfolio to present our interior designing capabilities.
"The three-day event was a great experience that connected interior designers and related industry specialists and allows us to exchange our ideas and work," she said.
BlueZone Interiors managing director Mohammed Al Nashaba said the region today stands alongside its international peers when it comes to world-class design.
"Now is the time to celebrate the ambition, imagination and quality of interior design put together by Bahrain-based companies and talented individuals."
Describing gulfInteriors as a great platform to get in contact with buyers and retailers, details managing director Wahid Halabi said,
"We are extremely pleased with our presence. It has allowed us to generate new business and we look forward to participating next year."
Creative Style managing director Ali Al Khayat said there are huge opportunities where we can get huge efficiencies by working together.
"Recent developments hint at a change in both the industry landscape and consumer mindset, suggesting a growing appetite, which makes the event well-timed," he said at the event, which was held along side gulfBID and Gulf Property Show at Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed