Project Qatar sees big visitor turnout
Doha, May 9, 2013
Project Qatar 2013, the 10th international trade exhibition for construction technology, building materials, equipment& environmental technology for Qatar witnessed 11,265 visitors on its first day, said event organisers.
The event opened on May 6 the Doha Exhibition Center and is to set to conclude today (May 9).
“Fresh off the plane from Dubai, we were able to hit the ground running on the first day of Project Qatar,” said Ferry Ameri, marketing manager for Gypsemna, an Emirati gypsum plasterboards and drywall system manufacturer.
“We were able to immediately close two deals with local distributors and are confident that more will come between now and Thursday.”
“Day one offered excellent exposure as we grow and deepen our roots in Qatar,” said Shery Adel, general manager of Stadia Qatar, key local exhibitor and Platinum Sponsor of Project Qatar.
“Our main objective is to maintain our position in the Mena region as being the pioneer and leader in Sports and Leisure Infrastructure. In preparation and anticipation of the Fifa World Cup 2022, the face time with industry insiders and decision makers we get at this show is a critical piece of our growth strategy.”
Key local exhibitors include Platinum Sponsors UrbaCon General Contracting (UCC) and Stadia Sports and Leisure Solutions. Key regional and international exhibitors include Gold Sponsors Emirates Steel and Malaysia External Trade Development Corp. Al Sraiya Holding Group is Project Qatar’s Integrity Sponsor this year, and the official contractor is Boom Construction.
More than $110 billion in projects have been announced but not awarded in Qatar. Projects likely to be tendered over the next several years are predominately in the transportation sector, with $70 billion in transport projects already planned. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals