PM hailed for backing crucial property sector
Manama, May 9, 2013
The vital role played by His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa in supporting and energising the real estate industry has been lauded by the Bahrain Property Developers Association (BaPDA).
"The real estate industry in Bahrain is extremely fortunate in having the continued support of HRH the Premier," said BaPDA chairman Aaref Hejres.
"This Gulf Property Show is the culmination of a number of significant initiatives and steps taken by the government to revitalise the economy, and what we see here is the wonderful outcome of the efforts.
"The real estate sector is a significant indicator of economic growth and development and we are grateful for the encouragement and backing received from the Premier to ensure its sustained growth.
"His support has been the backbone of our success.
"We thank him for his presence, which has sent such strong signals to all, and served as an inspiration and motivation for greater progress," Hejres added.
"Conferences and seminars facilitate the exchange of information, increasing efficiency through shared experiences and expertise between members of the real estate industry in the region.
"The Gulf Property Show is in keeping with BaPDA's vision to positively influence the industry and the national economy," he said. "It is an effective showcase and platform for the real estate and property development sector.
The show highlights present and future developments in the kingdom and the Northern Gulf. It also provides a unique opportunity to promote Bahrain's property assets as well as regional and international opportunities for investors, he added.
"We are pleased to support The Gulf Property Show," said Bahrain Financial Harbour managing director Dr Omar Al Mardi.
"The show is an ideal platform to boost awareness of the region's residential and commercial real estate developments, while highlighting the lucrative investment opportunities available in the kingdom and the region." The exhibition ends today.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan