Dubai groups to develop big downtown complex
Dubai, May 1, 2013
The Meydan Group and the Sobha Group, two conglomerates in Dubai, said on Wednesday they had agreed to form a joint venture to develop a major leisure, retail and residential complex adjacent to the city's downtown area.
The complex will be built on 4 million sq m of land, the companies said in a statement without revealing a timeline, financing plans or other details.
The complex is to be a cornerstone of a huge urban development project announced last November by Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, who said at the time that plans included the largest shopping mall in the world, a park 30 percent bigger than Hyde Park in London, and over 100 hotels. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract