REFC net profit reaches $38.4 million
Kuwait, April 25, 2013
Kuwait-based Real Estate Facilities Company (REFC) has expanded its local real estate income generating portfolio to reach a net profit of KD11 million ($38.4 million) for the year ending March 31, 2012.
The company announced that its General Assembly has reviewed and approved the audited financial statements for year.
Total Assets of the company as of March 31, 2012 amounted to KD27.8 million with an increase of 1 per cent since March 31, 2011.
Based on the reported profits for the year ending March 31, 2012, the Board of Directors proposed a distribution of 5 per cent cash dividend. The General Assembly voted to accept this recommendation.
Addressing the General Assembly meeting, Al Hareth Abdulrazzaq Al-Khaled, REFC chairman said: “The company has been continuously implementing its investment strategy and we have achieved a significant increase in our local real estate income generating portfolio.”
“This portfolio has directly contributed to the company’s returns, and has enabled it to maintain liquidity of KD5.7 million. This, in turn, allows us to exploit selective and diligent investment opportunities that are consistent with the creation of shareholder value.
“Despite the uncertainty within the economic and political situation, our company’s strategy was clear. We have focused our investments on a series of successful real estate investments opportunities with limited risks, which contributed to achieve a profit of KD343,000 to the year ending March 31, 2012,” he added.
“We believe that the Real Estate Facilities Company will continue its positive performance and expect to achieve higher returns on our capital going forward this year. We intend to deliver on this strategy through increasing the size of income generating assets and seizing the growing number of opportunities including real estate investment,” Al-Khaled said.
“The company's continuing success and improved performance were the result of integrated and combined efforts. I would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation to all shareholders for their continued support. I would also like to extend our thanks to all governmental establishments, financial and commercial institutions that helped facilitate the company’s operations,” Al-Khaled concluded.
Real Estate Facilities Company offers short-term, mid-term and long-term loans to individuals and bodies for purchasing and building various kinds of real estate. It also finances the activities of real estate companies, buys stocks, establishes, markets and manages real estate funds. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna