Bahrain completes key road project
Manama, April 17, 2013
The first part of the final phase of North Manama Causeway Project, which will enable smooth flow of traffic from south to north along Al Fateh Highway from the Corniche until King Faisal Highway, has been opened for traffic.
Capital Governor Shaikh Hisham bin Abdul Rahman Al Khalifa and Bahrain Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf inaugurated the first part of the third and final phase of North Manama Causeway Project.
The Causeway is a part of the phase 1 of Manama Ring Road Project, which is aimed at linking Muharraq to North Town.
The final parts of the project; reflected in the lanes carrying traffic from north to south, will be opened before the end of May, said Khalaf after the opening.
Forestation works will be implemented and completed by the end of 2013, the minister added.
According to Khalaf, the opening of the road will allow traffic heading north along Al Fateh Highway to cross the Diplomat Intersection non-stop towards east to Muharraq along Sheikh Isa bin Salman Causeway, or north to Bahrain Bay and the Financial Harbour, or west to Seef District and Hamad Town.
"Once fully opened for traffic, the new causeway will provide a smooth traffic flow from Al Fateh Highway to Bahrain Bay and the Financial Harbour, in addition to north and west Manama," he added.-TradeAraia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan