SAK project wins top design award
Doha, April 17, 2013
Qatar-based SAK Holding Group’s Valley City project recently won an award for best design in urban planning and design category, at the A’ Design Awards & Competition Ceremony 2013, held in Como, Italy.
The award was received by Sheikh Abdullah bin Thani Al Thani, group executive committee member. The ceremony was attended by the CEO Hesham El Sahtari, and chairman's advisor Abdul Rahman Al-Najjar.
The event is a unique, creative and productive exhibition in Europe. It showcases designs and products competing in 80 categories, and attracts designers, producers and companies representing many sectors from across the world, also present is a large number of investors, entrepreneurs and those interested in distinctive designs.
Valley City received great attention and appreciation from the international judging panel which is comprises three different bodies consisting academics and specialists from various sectors, a statement from SAK said. Hundreds of designs were assessed carefully according to a set of conditions. This award holds great credibility and is highly reputed worldwide. Other winning projects from Qatar are Qatar Navigation Tower, Al Dana Tower and West Bay Golden Tower projects.
Valley City was designed by renowned Architect Engineer Marwan Zugheib from MZ Architects – Lebanon, whose works has received many global awards and accreditations such as Al Dar head Office in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain Stadium and Park Hotel in Jeddah and Riyadh.
This project expresses the future strategy of SAK Holding Group and that is to contribute in the country real estate development fulfilling the objectives of Qatar National Vision 2030, and in line with the county’s unremitting efforts for the preparations to host Fifa World Cup 2022, the statement said.
The objective of the project is to create a perfect residential and working environment spread over 3 million sq m near one of the many future major stadiums to host World Cup 2022 events.
It will comprise of thousands of residential units divided into different sized apartment, houses and villas, a resort attached to a 4-star hotel, and a 250,000 sq m central park, mall, cultural village, and different markets and business hubs and commercial offices in addition to entertainment and service amenities and various other facilities.
“Qatar's Real Estate Sector proved its capacity in innovation and creativity allowing it to go hand-in-hand with Qatar National Strategic Development Vision. It has demonstrated its strength and steadiness in confronting challenges brought by local and global changes, and to boost its presence inside and outside Qatar, acquiring many world renowned awards,” Sheikh Thani said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna