Hochtief Bahrain wins major FM certifications
Manama, April 17, 2013
Hochtief Facility Management Bahrain Airport, a joint venture between Bahrain Airport Company and German construction group Hochtief, has been awarded three international integrated management system certifications.
The certifications include BS EN ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management Systems and BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Achieving these certifications proves that the company meets all international standards in quality management, environment, and occupational health and safety which has been made possible through its staff, professionalism and experience in handling such projects," company chief executive Udo Soicke said.
"Getting all three possible certifications at a time will enable the company to inject enhanced services in maintaining Bahrain International Airport (BIA) and its related buildings. This will support BIA to achieve its target being one of the leading airports in the region," he added.
With around 200 employees, Hochtief Facility Management Bahrain Airport is responsible for building management at the airport besides the operation of all technical installations and airport infrastructure.
With their joint venture the company provides know-how as a leading service provider with local resources.
BIA currently has a total area of around 70,000 sq m. This takes in buildings such as the terminal, aircraft hangars, cargo bays, administration buildings and fire stations.
Hochtief is providing all technical and infrastructure services for these buildings and related areas.
The service provider is responsible for the building technology, passenger bridges and cleaning of the airport which also includes sensitive infrastructure of the apron area, runways and airfield lightings.
As many as 60 per cent of the company's current employees are Bahraini.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed