Aldar wins contract to build 996 villas
Abu Dhabi, April 16, 2013
Abu Dhabi's Aldar Properties has won a contract to build 996 villas in the United Arab Emirates capital, the company's chairman said, expecting to see at least 2 percent growth in the emirate's real estate market this year.
Ali Eid Al-Muhairi told reporters on the sidelines of Cityscape exhibition on Tuesday that the Abu Dhabi Housing Authority has awarded the company a contract to build the villas in Al Falah area of Abu Dhabi, without giving a value for the contract.
Aldar, which in the process of merging with rival Sorouh Real Estate to create a real estate entity with assets of about $13 billion, has sold 125 villas in Al Raha beach in the first quarter of the year, he said.
"Aldar is already building 4,857 villas in the area of which 2,079 have been handed over. The 996 will be additional," Al-Muhairi said.
He admitted that new stock entering the market will slow down growth in the emirate's real estate sector.
"Home prices in Abu Dhabi will go up 2 to 5 pc by year end," Al-Muhairi said.
"I'll be happy to see prices stabilise due to all the new stock coming in. We are not announcing any new projects and will focus on completing existing ones." - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings