KHCB in key project finance deal
Manama, April 10, 2013
Bahrain-based Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB) has signed an MoU with Ebrahim Abdulaal Group (EAG) to provide Sharia-compliant property finance for the purchase of properties at EAG's Marina Reef Real Estate Development project.
The agreement was signed by KHCB deputy general manager for commercial banking Fuad Taqi and EAG chairman Ebrahim Ali Abdulaal, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"Both Bahrainis and expatriates wanting to buy property in the Marina Reef are being offered fully Sharia-compliant property finance including a competitive profit rate, finance of up to 80 per cent of the current property value with a maximum limit of BD400,000 ($1.05 million) and approval granted within five working days of application submission," said Taqi.
"Ebrahim Abdulaal Group is renowned for its commitment towards innovation and quality and it is a matter of pride for KHCB to work with them.
Moreover, we believe this will further energise the real estate sector in Bahrain," he added.
Marina Reef is a luxury, freehold development, located on the Reef Island, a man-made island built in the heart of Manama in proximity of the Bahrain City Centre as well as the Seef shopping area.
The gated community will have three low rise buildings of six storeys each with 165 apartment units ranging from 92 sqm to 272 sqm.
The project is underway with 70 per cent of the construction work completed, said Abdulaal.
"We are confident that KHCB's well-designed real estate financing schemes and convenient profit rates will greatly benefit our customers who want to purchase property at the Marina Reef Development," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan