Kizad, Bauer sign 50-year lease agreement
Hannover, April 8, 2013
Bauer International, part of the German multinational Bauer Group, and Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (Kizad), the industrial and logistics zone situated next to Abu Dhabi’s Khalifa Port, have signed a 50-year lease agreement.
Bauer has committed to build a service, logistic and maintenance centre, in Abu Dhabi, to support its growing operations in the region.
The announcement was made by Alexander Haex, vice president of Business Development at Kizad at the 65th anniversary of the Hannover Messe exhibition, Germany’s leading industrial and technology global trade fair.
Due to be operational by December, the EUR1.57 million ($2 million) service centre will occupy a plot size of just over 442,000 sq ft, in Kizad’s engineered metal products cluster.
Kizad’s latest German investor is operating in UAE as Bauer Geotechnical Specialized Foundation and Bauer International, registered entities in Abu Dhabi. They are part of the Bauer Group’s companies based in Schrobenhausen, Germany and part of its construction segment. The other two segments of Bauer Group are Machinery & Equipment and Resources.
Specialists in geo-technical and foundation engineering, Bauer International’s core services include piling works, retaining structures, diaphragm walls, soil stabilisation, soil improvement and tunnelling.
With eight other clusters under the heavy industry umbrella, including aluminium; pharmaceuticals and healthcare; trade and logistics; and mixed use industries; Kizad is unique in that it encourages its investors to use each other’s services and products, also known as vertical cluster integration. This will, eventually, give investors a ready supply of business when choosing to be part of Kizad.
Bauer’s regional managing director Riaz H Malik said: “With a growing demand from existing and future projects, in the UAE and the Mena region, this specialist service, logistic and service support centre will offer on-going support to Bauer International’s developing operations and aspirations in the region.
“Being based at Kizad will clearly provide Bauer with genuine competitive edge, operational effectiveness and added value to our customers. Kizad Project supplements our long term strategic plans in the region.”
Haex added: “We are pleased to welcome Bauer to Kizad - a German multinational with a global reach and growing Middle Eastern commitments. Bauer joins a list of blue-chip investors that recognise the benefits and advantages we are offering at Kizad, in Abu Dhabi’s only dedicated and integrated industrial zone.
“Kizad’s strategic geographical location, access to global markets, and low operating costs are just some of the reasons why Bauer has taken the decision to be based at Kizad.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai residence project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high