Kuwait to spend $18bn on development projects
Kuwait, April 8, 2013
Kuwait plans to spend KD4.5-5 billion ($15.8-17.5 billion) on development projects in the 2013/14 fiscal year which began this month, Finance Minister Mustapha al-Shamali said on Monday.
He also told reporters on the sidelines of a financial conference in Kuwait that the Opec member's economy should grow by 4.5-5 per cent this year.
That is more optimistic than a Reuters poll of analysts, which forecast in January Kuwait's real GDP growth of three per cent this year after an estimated 5.1 per cent in 2012.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract