Kizad awards pre-build warehouses deal
, April 7, 2013
Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (Kizad), the new industrial and logistics zone situated next to Abu Dhabi’s Khalifa Port, has awarded the contract for the construction of phase 1 of its pre-built warehousing (PBWH) to System Construct.
System Construct is a UAE-based company with vast experience in building warehouses, residential and commercial buildings. It was also responsible for the construction of Kizad’s existing show warehouse, the first of its kind in the Middle East.
The value of the contract is placed at just over Dh100 million ($27.2 million) and the first units are expected to be delivered in Q4 of 2013, a statement said.
The PBWH project has been divided into three phases, with a total of 105 units, covering 118,965 sq m. The first phase, now underway, covers an area of 46,453 sq m.
Charles Acworth, head of project development at Kizad, said: “We have been encouraged, not just by the significant interest shown in our pre-built warehouse project, but also by the uptake and commitments we have seen from both local and international companies. The show warehouse has been an invaluable marketing tool and System Construct delivered a quality product on time and to budget. The announcement of the main contract award to System Construct is therefore very welcome and is the first of many milestones we will be announcing in the coming months.”
Ziad Shebli, operations manager of System Construct, added: “We are delighted to have been chosen as main contractor for the first phase of Kizad’s pre-built warehousing project. We are confident that our experience and proven track record in other key construction projects was our differentiator in being awarded this contract and we look forward to being a part of Kizad’s unique investment and industrial offering.”
Kizad is part of the Abu Dhabi Ports Company’s huge Dh26.5bn ($7.2 billion) investment in its new maritime gateway and the industrial and commercial zones for the emirate of Abu Dhabi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum