Nakheel’s new community centre fully leased
Dubai, April 3, 2013
All 6,000 sq m of available shop space at Dubai-based developer Nakheel’s new 8,700 sq m Discovery Gardens Community Centre has been booked by retailers and restaurants.
More than 20 local and international brands have signed up for the mall, due to open in early 2014.
Among them is anchor store Geant, which will take up more than 40 per cent (2,500 sq m) of the complex. Also on board is one of Dubai’s first authentic Chuck E. Cheese outlets: the American dining and children’s entertainment chain – one of 11 cafes and restaurants at the development – has taken nearly 1,000 sq m.
The community mall, primarily serving 24,000 homes in Nakheel’s Al Furjan, Discovery Gardens and The Gardens communities, will also feature a children’s nursery and a wide range of everyday convenience stores including a dry cleaners, a pharmacy, optician, games store, money exchange and ladies and gentlemen’s hair salons.
Confirmed eateries include Pizzaro, Wendy’s, Second Cup, Arabian Grill, Burger King, Texas Chicken, Chappan Bhog and The Exit.
Discovery Gardens Community Centre will have more than 200 car parking spaces. Construction is on track and is currently 35 per cent complete, a statement said.
Nakheel is also building a community mall serving thousands of residents in Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Village, Jumeirah Islands and surrounding areas.
Jumeirah Park Community Centre, currently 40 per cent complete, is due to open by the end of 2013. It is already 100 per cent leased to 30 retailers, including anchor tenant Geant, nine cafes and restaurants a host of brand name convenience stores. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed