Bahrain to allocate land for key housing project
Manama, March 30, 2013
A proposal has been passed to allocate land for hundreds of housing units in a Bahrain village.
The Northern Municipal Council has agreed to allow the appropriation of land in Shahrakan for the project, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The land, on block 1044, is currently a private property and needs to be approved for appropriation first, said technical committee head Hussain Al Sagheer.
"We need to first get approval for appropriation as it is a private property," he said.
Al Sagheer said it would be the first such project in the village, which has around 160 pending housing requests. The land, which covers 59,357 sq m, could host between 166 and 207 units.
It will replace land previously proposed by the committee, which faced procedural issues.
"This could help build more housing units to serve the area," he said.
"We have currently 160 housing requests in Shahrakan alone which this land could help serve, depending on the procedures of the Housing Ministry, which prioritises older requests."
He said the Northern Governorate currently has 18,045 pending housing requests. "Our work in the council revolves around working hand in hand with other ministries to unify efforts," he stated.
"This proposal hopes to help suggest land to the ministry to host its projects, at the same time serving residents in the governorate."
Councillors unanimously voted in favour of the proposal during their weekly meeting in Saar.
The proposal will be submitted to Municipalities and Urban Planning Affairs Minister Dr Juma Al Ka'abi for his feedback.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals