Seha invites bids for new medical city
Abu Dhabi, March 27, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (Seha) has invited tenders for the development of new Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC) in the centre of Abu Dhabi.
Seha will pick the best contractors through tenders for the new SKMC project, which, upon completion, will be the largest hospital in the UAE to have state-of-the-art systems, integrating traditional Middle Eastern architectural designs, said a statement.
Envisioned as an ‘integrated medical city,’ Seha’s SKMC transcends usual design models of medical centres and creates a bustling complex, featuring vibrant public spaces with a relaxing, therapeutic environment, a statement said.
The SKMC development exemplifies the best sustainable design practices that correspond with the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, which focuses on sustainability.
Spread on an area of over 300,000 sq m, SKMC will include three distinct hospitals – a general hospital, Level 1 trauma centre and tertiary women’s and paediatric hospital. With a capacity of 826-bed, the new SKMC will provide world-class healthcare services to the community.
The design of the new city was named as ‘Best Sustainable Hospital Project’ during the 2012 Hospital Build & Infrastructure Middle East Exhibition, held in Dubai.
The hospital will feature extensive use of natural light to reduce power needs, a solar panel system with high-efficiency concentrating photovoltaic cells for power, alongside traditional practices such as condensate recovery system supplying natural irrigation for the hospital’s garden areas.
The project is being implemented by Seha in line with the objectives of the Abu Dhabi Government that aims at providing sophisticated and integrated health services for the UAE nationals and the population, in general. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna