Paramount 5-star hotel project gets underway
Dubai, March 24, 2013
Paramount Hotels and Resorts (PHR), the official licensee of Paramount Pictures, has begun construction of the Middle East region's first Paramount-branded five-star hotel and branded serviced hotel residences in the heart of the downtown Burj Khalifa area in Dubai.
Towers by Paramount will be completed by the end of 2015, said a statement from the company.
Once ready, it will provide enviable views of the world tallest tower - Burj Khalifa and provide easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, The Dubai Mall, it stated.
Paramount Pictures, which has become synonymous with its big hits like “Godfather,” “Breakfast at Tiffany.s,” and “Titanic” said the history, glamour and tradition of the movies will be reflected in every element of the design and ethos of this aspirational project.
The Paramount brand is known for entertainment and above all creativity, but today the brand stands for more than that with the launch of 'Towers by Paramount' in Dubai marks the company's first venture into the hotel and real estate industry, said a senior official.
"Most people know the famous Paramount Pictures logo, with the mountain and 22 stars, and they also watched many of the iconic movies the studio produced. The hotels, resorts and residences produced by PHR FZ-LLC will be developed using the creative process honed over Paramount's 100 year history," remarked Thomas van Vliet, the chief executive officer, PHR FZ-LLC..
"Warm service, design, entertainment, food, beverage and spa concepts will combine magically to mark a new chapter for the brand and to set a rare standard in luxury hospitality," he noted.
'The guests in our audience will be led on a journey that delights the eyes and engages the emotions. We are thrilled to be partnering with this mega project and sharing this exciting news today," Thomas van Vliet added.
According to him, the Paramount brand stands for more than exceptional film and entertainment - its an inviting lifestyle.
"The four towers which make up Towers by Paramount will be brought together with a multi level plaza, offering an eclectic selection of themed food & beverage concepts, meeting & events facilities, a screening room, wellness & fitness centers, swimming pools, kids club, retail, and merchandise all featuring the Paramount brand or select partner brands. Each tower stretches over 250 meters into the air."
The hotel and one, two and three bedroom serviced residences in towers will be also managed by Paramount Hotels and Resorts same as by Dubai developer management, stated Thomas van Vliet.
"Serviced Hotel residences will feature fully-fitted kitchens and services that also include valet parking, concierge, housekeeping, in-room beauty treatments, a child minding service and kids club," he revealed.
"In addition owners can elect to add their residence in the rental pool, whilst they are away, allowing for rental returns to be generated. The project provides a unique opportunity for both the end-user and the investor," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed