Domopan hosts key industry symposium
Doha, March 23, 2013
Domopan Qatar, one of Qatar’s leading comprehensive engineering companies, hosted a workshop at La Cigale last week to acquaint guests with their fiber gypsum panels, DomoGypsum.
Scores of designers, architects, engineers, and developers attended the one-day symposium to learn the technical details of the panels.
“A result of our collaboration with international partners is DomoGypsum, a state-of-the art modular panel composed of a measured mixture of gypsum and fibrous materials,” remarked FoudHamdan, Domopan’s CEO in his opening remarks to the participants.
“Although conceptualized and designed with international help, we like to consider DomoGypsum a break-through in material technology for Qatar itself. It’s the first product of its kind produced right here in the country, and it would be hard pressed to find any material with the same characteristics manufactured anywhere in the region,” he added.
With last year’s rewarding from the Loss Prevention Ceritification Board (LPCB) – a global benchmark for industrial standards – the panels are authorized to be sold in European regional markets.
In addition, DomoGypsum is also approved by Qatar’s General Administration of Civil Defense at the Ministry of Interior and the Qatar Civil Defense Department’s approval for two-hour fire resistivity – an important element considering last year’s high-profile fires.
Attention to detail and meeting international standards have proven DomoGypsum to be very popular, as Hamdan explained.
“DomoGypsum has been a success since the day the first panel it first left our factory in 2008,” stated Hamdan.
“We are proud that iconic Qatari landmarks, just as the Museum of Modern Arab Art, the RasGas headquarters, Souk Waqif Hotel, and the PortoArabia complex at the Pearl, all have DomoGypsum paneling installed in them. I believe that this alone is testament to the durability, effectiveness, and convenience of DomoGypsum,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: engineering |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna