Arabtec names new finance chief
Abu Dhabi, March 20, 2013
Arabtec Holding, a leading construction company in the Mena region specialising in complex projects, has appointed Iyad Abdelrahim as the new chief financial officer of the group of its construction companies.
Abdelrahim will be based in Abu Dhabi and his financial management responsibilities will include Arabtec’s portfolio of construction companies, said a company statement.
His role will focus on developing a finance department to support Arabtec’s construction businesses with financial planning, control, reporting and MIS. It will also manage processes relevant to cost control, project management and update of old policies, it added.
On the appointment, Hasan Ismaik, the managing director and CEO of Arabtec Holding, said, "We are preparing for a new phase of growth for the company. We are very pleased to have Abdelrahim join the senior management team of Arabtec to ensure that the finances of our construction businesses are managed to the highest standards and that their growth is adequately and efficiently funded."
His appointment comes in line with the company’s efforts to employ a group of senior managers with extensive expertise and international track records of achievements. "We welcome Iyad to the team, and we will be announcing new appintments in due course," he added.
Abdelrahim joins Arabtec from his position as group chief financial officer of Dubai Properties Group, with 20 years of experience within the banking, contracting and real estate development industries.
He also has a good understanding of Arabtec’s construction businesses having previously been the chairman of Arabtec Holding's audit committee and chief financial officer for Depa.
Prior to that, he had worked in the banking industry with Standard Chartered Bank and Arab Bank in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract