Biggest flat-top tower crane to debut at Bauma
Munich, March 19, 2013
Spanish manufacturer Linden Comansa has announced plans to showcase LC3000 Series, the world's biggest flat-top tower crane, at Bauma, the leading construction machinery trade show, to be held in Munich, Germany from April 15 to 21.
Bauma, also the world's largest business fair, will see more than 4,000 exhibitors from the five continents showcase the best of their catalog to almost half a million people .
Linden Comansa will also be exhibiting its 16 LC 260 12t flat-top tower crane and a LCL 165 8t luffer at Bauma.
The LC3000 Series consists of models 30 LC 1100 and 30 LC 1450, featuring three versions each, according to their maximum load: 32, 48 and 64 tonnes. For the first time at the Bauma trade show, visitors will see two of the most characteristic sections of the LC3000 Series: the D56 and the 3AM640.
The D56 mast sections, with 4 meters in width and 5.5 meters in height, is designed especially for the LC3000 Series and allows its cranes to reach freestanding heights up to 88.8 meters.
Its modular system allows this section to be expanded up to 5.4 meters, by adding a panel on each side and an additional central body which ensures the stability of the section and provides space for the accesses and platforms.
This new section, called D66, helps the cranes from the LC3000 Series to overcome a freestanding height of 108 meters. And thanks to its compatibility with other Linden Comansa mast sections, the D56 and the D66 allow the rest of the cranes to reach highest freestanding heights.
The 3AM640 is the jib first section of the 30 LC 1450 crane. Its large dimensions, 10 meter-long and 6 meter-high, demonstrate the size and the enormous power of these cranes. However, thanks to a system that allows to easily fold the upper part of the jib, this section fits perfectly in an Open-Top container, making it easy and economical to transport with conventional means.
These two innovative designs, patented by Linden Comansa, are just one example of the numerous innovations introduced in the LC3000 Series, which maintains the essential characteristics of Linden Comansa cranes: ease of both assembly and transport, modularity of its components and Flat-Top design.
Also, Linden Comansa’s official dealer in Germany and co-exhibitor at the fair, BKL Baukran Logistik GmbH, has confirmed the acquisition of the 16 LC 260 12t tower crane featured at the at the tri-annual fair.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah