'Flower Tower' to be showcased at Dubai show
Dubai, March 12, 2013
A residential tower with plants built into façades and balconies will make its UAE debut, when it is introduced at the region’s dedicated outdoor landscaping show later this month.
The ‘Flower Tower’ is the creation of French architect Edouard Francois, and is designed to be an extension of surrounding parks, blending gardens with concrete and glass, creating an impression that even in urban areas, inhabitants feel as though they are surrounded by forests, said a statement.
With one building already constructed in Paris, the Flower Tower will be presented by Italian company Teracrea at the Outdoor Design Build & Supply Show, taking place from March 25 to 27 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Teracrea will have a full line-up of innovative solutions from its portfolio at the three-day show, including clay and terracotta pots, vases, trellises, and hydroponics.
The Flower Tower is expected to be a major draw for Teracrea, as regional governments and developers step up their commitments to place more emphasis on creating green spaces in outdoor environments, the statement said.
Lamberto Scalabrin, export manager at Teracrea, said: “We believe there is a huge potential for our products both in the residential and project market in the Middle East.”
“Teracrea is a brand new concept of design in the greenery of outdoor environments and the Flower Tower is an extension of this philosophy. The building will be encircled by plants blending perfectly with the surroundings and using centralised automatic irrigation.
“From every room in every apartment, the view will be filtered by plant life, giving the impression that there is a garden directly outside one’s window.”
Partnered with Dubai Municipality, and supported by Municipality of Abu Dhabi City and Al Ain Municipality, Outdoor Design Build & Supply focuses on the design, build and supply for all private and public outdoor spaces. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan