Turki Mohamed Khaled Al-Khater
United Development names top officials
Doha, March 6, 2013
Qatar-based property developer United Development Company (UDC) has announced the appointment of a new chairman and a vice chairman of the Board of Directors.
Sheikh Ahmed Bin Nasser Bin Faleh Al-Thani was elected to the position of chairman, which carries three-year term, during a meeting of the newly elected board, which took place at the Oyster Center in The Pearl-Qatar.
The Board also announced the appointment of Turki Mohamed Khaled Al-Khater as its vice chairman.
Sheikh Ahmed holds a master’s degree in Engineering Administration from Saint Martin’s University in Washington since 1987. He has held key positions in major organizations, including Minister of Transport and Communications, chairman of Qatar International Airport, chairman of Gulf Airlines and chairman of Qtel.
He has also served on the boards of various influential companies and organisations. He currently serves as president of Nasser Bin Faleh Al-Thani Group and is a member of the Board of Directors of Commercial Bank of Qatar as well as a major shareholder in it. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp