Bahrain to build 4,000 new homes
Manama, March 4, 2013
Bahrain is expected to launch a new project to build 4,000 houses in Hidd district later this month, according to an official.
His Majesty King Hamad is expected to lay the foundation stone for the social housing project around March 15, Ramzee Jalaleefe, member representing Hidd on the Muharraq Municipal Council, was quoted as saying by a BNA report.
Phase I of the project will see 1,500 houses being built, Phase II would have 1,000 houses and Phase III another 1,500 houses.
The land, he said, is already demarcated on the Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Causeway connecting Hidd to Manama.
In addition to the 4,000 houses, 500 allotments of land had already been made, said Jalaleefe. With this, the housing needs of the residents of Hidd would be solved to a large extent, he added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan