RAK Airport, SKA Energy sign fuel storage deal
Ras Al Khaimah, March 3, 2013
RAK International Airport has signed a contract with SKA Energy, a member of SKA Group of companies, to build, operate and manage an aviation fuel storage facility at the airport for a period of 10 years.
SKA Energy has the expertise and experience to address the Emirate’s growing demand for the supply of aviation fuel at the airport, a statement said.
Sheikh Salem Bin Sultan Al Qasimi, chairman of Department of Civil Aviation and Ras Al Khaimah International Airport said: “SKA Energy are an industry leader in providing fuel solutions not only globally, but also specialise in providing their services in challenging environments like war torn areas.
“They have proven their abilities and specialization locally and internationally, and we look forward to the same quality and experience they will bring to RAK International Airport.”
Mike Douglas, president and CEO of SKA Group of Companies, said he expected the facility to be commercially operational in the third quarter of 2013.
“The RAK International Airport and the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah are rapidly expanding, and SKA hopes to establish a long term relationship that adds value for the airport,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals