RAK Airport, SKA Energy sign fuel storage deal
Ras Al Khaimah, March 3, 2013
RAK International Airport has signed a contract with SKA Energy, a member of SKA Group of companies, to build, operate and manage an aviation fuel storage facility at the airport for a period of 10 years.
SKA Energy has the expertise and experience to address the Emirate’s growing demand for the supply of aviation fuel at the airport, a statement said.
Sheikh Salem Bin Sultan Al Qasimi, chairman of Department of Civil Aviation and Ras Al Khaimah International Airport said: “SKA Energy are an industry leader in providing fuel solutions not only globally, but also specialise in providing their services in challenging environments like war torn areas.
“They have proven their abilities and specialization locally and internationally, and we look forward to the same quality and experience they will bring to RAK International Airport.”
Mike Douglas, president and CEO of SKA Group of Companies, said he expected the facility to be commercially operational in the third quarter of 2013.
“The RAK International Airport and the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah are rapidly expanding, and SKA hopes to establish a long term relationship that adds value for the airport,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014