Detailed design of Oman medical city ready
Muscat, February 28, 2013
The detailed design of the masterplan for the proposed International Medical City (IMC) in Oman is ready, the project developer has announced.
The masterplan was completed by PSOMAS, a leading US-based consulting engineering firm providing transportation and infrastructure engineering services to both governmental and private clients.
IMC is multi-phased development aimed at filling a healthcare gap in the region by offering expert services that patients from the GCC usually have to travel as far as Europe and the US, to get.
The development will include: The region’s first multispecialty transplant centre; a 250-bed tertiary care multispecialty hospital; a high-tech diagnostic centre; a healthcare resort; a wellness centre; a luxury hotel; medical and nursing colleges; and a purpose-built research and development centre complex.
Internationally recognized Atkins Group developed a pre-concept masterplan for the project.
The project is being developed by the Apex Medical Group (AMG), a part of the Saudi-based Al Joaib Holding.
Dr Abdullah Al Joaib, Apex Medical Group President, said: “Building on the rising trend of medical and health tourism, the International Medical City will be developed in a serene setting on the coast, just east of Salalah, where patients and their families may stay in an environment that is supportive and culturally aware of their individual lifestyles.
"Site layout and land uses have been carefully placed to provide synergy and promote interaction between related activities. IMC Masterplan design was performed with a careful look into sustainability of the project and with adherence to environmental regulations,” he said.
Ross Baker, VP of PSOMAS, said: “PSOMAS provided strategic planning and infrastructure design to refine the International Medical City concept plans into a comprehensive technical master plan that integrated the building program with infrastructure, site drainage and environmental constraints. PSOMAS is pleased to play a role in the development of this strategic project and looks forward to a long term relationship with IMC.”
The design plans have been submitted to Oman governmental authorities for final approval. AMG is in discussions with international and local contractors for the first phase of construction. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan