Etihad Rail gets $1.3bn funding for phase I build
Abu Dhabi, February 26, 2013
Etihad Rail, the developer of a $11 billion railway network in the UAE, secured a $1.28 billion five-year project financing from local and international banks to build the first phase of the project, it said on Tuesday.
The UAE railway network comprises three stages, with the first stage underway after a $900 million civil and track works contract was awarded in October 2011.
The phase one will link the western region cities of Habshan and Ruwais by 2013 and connect Shah and Habshan by 2014.
National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, HSBC Holdings and Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ arranged the financing, Etihad Rail said in a statement.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower