Intertec wins key Saudi contract
Riyadh, February 25, 2013
UK-based Intertec said it has won a contract from Sadara Chemical Company, the $20 billion petrochemical joint venture between oil giant Saudi Aramco and The Dow Chemical Company, to set up outdoor cabinets for its upcoming plant in Jubail Industrial City.
Sadara said as per the deal, Intertec will construct the outdoor cabinets from high-performance grades of GRP (glass reinforced polyester).
This will provide proven long-term protection against the region's extreme climatic conditions - which include very high temperatures and UV levels for example - as well as the corrosion threats posed by the process media and salty sea air, said the Saudi company in a statement.
The Sadara complex will have 26 world scale manufacturing plants and on completion will be the world’s largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase, it added.
Intertec plans to construct cabinets to protect around 1000 field-based analyzers for this project.
Sadara said the key technical reasons behind the selection of Intertec's enclosure technology are the performance of the GRP-based construction materials used - which have been proven in previous applications with the joint venture partners behind Sadara - and the company's turnkey manufacturing capability.
The cabinets are being designed and manufactured at two of Intertec's global facilities, in Sarnia (Canada) and Neustadt (Germany). Deliveries to the instrumentation OEMs involved in the Sadara project have started in the first quarter of 2013, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum