Demand ‘rises for JLT properties'
Dubai, February 21, 2013
Cluttons, a real estate specialist, reports a substantial increase in demand in commercial and retail properties in Jumeirah Lakes Towers Free Zone (JLT) in the final quarter of 2012.
Jumeirah Business Centre 3 (JBC3), a recently completed 39-storey commercial tower, is an example of the success story of JLT in the past six months. JBC3 has attracted a number of international corporate tenants and this underlines the current appetite for JLT Free Zone as a leading location for new business formation in Dubai, it said.
Cluttons has noticed a significant shift in rental confidence towards the JLT Free Zone in recent months, noting that it has now become the fastest growing free zone in the UAE. To date, reports show 55,000 people are living and working within the development. Last year was a successful year for JLT Free Zone, with 2,033 new company registrations, a 33 per cent increase on the year before, with the majority coming from Asia, Australia and Europe, Cluttons said.
JLT Free Zone offers quality mixed-use freehold space, offering commercial, residential and retail property for sale and lease, with a wide variety of prices. The major advantage is JLT Free Zone’s strategic location on the Sheikh Zayed Road, connecting Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Access to Dubai's Metro also provides short commutes to Dubai International Airport and other business hubs, it said.
Cluttons has a long-standing relationship with Al Fajer Properties, and has recently worked with the leading commercial real estate developer, which launched JBC3 and specialises in JLT commercial properties, it said.
Al Fajer Property’s Jumeirah Business Centre also boasts some of the best views in JLT Free Zone, including two world class golf courses, The Montgomerie and The Emirates, the Marina and the city.
Paula Walshe, head of commercial at Cluttons in Abu Dhabi said: “We are pleased to see a revival of JLT Free Zone, which is attracting international-grade tenants due to its ability to offer high quality space in a very strategic location.”
The CEO of Al Fajer Properties, Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum said: “We have developed a unique product that is a cut above the rest especially in quality and value. Being a single landlord tower is one of our stronger points.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals