Works Ministry awards $12.2m tenders
Manama, February 21, 2013
Bahrain’s Works Ministry has awarded seven tenders worth BD4.6 million ($12.2 million) in January, and invited bids for four more worth BD2.3 million.
The seven tenders cover roads, sanitary engineering and construction sectors, assistant under-secretary for technical services at the ministry Ahmed Abdul Aziz Al Khayyat said.
The roads sector consisted of four projects including revamp work in Isa Town, while the sanitary engineering sector witnessed the awarding of Busaiteen Sewerage Network Project in Block 227.
Construction sector involved the awarding of the tent construction project at the Constitutional Court Building.
"Bids were invited for a number of projects in the roads sector, including revamp of Al Jasr Avenue and Road 601 in Block 306 in Ras Ruman, and re-construction of Bab Al Bahrain Avenue from Shaikh Abdulla Avenue to Isa Al Kabeer Avenue, which is worth BD365,000," said Al Khayyat.
"In the sanitary engineering sector, bids were invited for Al Hamala Sewage Treatment Plant, and also for sanitation depository yearly requirements and supplies, such as electrical, mechanical and cleaning materials and other accessories," added Al Khayyat. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring
- Dar Al Arkan to sell benchmark-sized sukuk
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp