Bahrain road revamp project on track
Manama, February 18, 2013
The Avenue 1 Extension Revamp Project in Sitra, which involves conversion of the existing avenue into a two-lane road on each direction, is progressing well, said officials of Ministry of Work.
The BD923,498 ($2.4 million) road revamp project was awarded to the National Excavation Establishment.
Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf visited the work site accompanied by Roads Projects & Maintenance director Raed Al Salah and Media & Community Service head Hafedh Abdulghaffar.
The project commenced in March 2012 upon directives from HRH the Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa to answer citizens’ needs in Bahrain towns and villages.
Khalaf said the work comprises converting the existing avenue into a two lane road on each direction; in the part located between Sitra Health Centre to the North and the Roundabout located on the Avenue intersecting with Om Al Saad Avenue adjacent to the oil tanks at a length of 1010m to the south.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom