Bahrain road revamp project on track
Manama, February 18, 2013
The Avenue 1 Extension Revamp Project in Sitra, which involves conversion of the existing avenue into a two-lane road on each direction, is progressing well, said officials of Ministry of Work.
The BD923,498 ($2.4 million) road revamp project was awarded to the National Excavation Establishment.
Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf visited the work site accompanied by Roads Projects & Maintenance director Raed Al Salah and Media & Community Service head Hafedh Abdulghaffar.
The project commenced in March 2012 upon directives from HRH the Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa to answer citizens’ needs in Bahrain towns and villages.
Khalaf said the work comprises converting the existing avenue into a two lane road on each direction; in the part located between Sitra Health Centre to the North and the Roundabout located on the Avenue intersecting with Om Al Saad Avenue adjacent to the oil tanks at a length of 1010m to the south.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure