Manara signs up for Gulf Property Show
Manama, February 18, 2013
Manara Developments, a leading real estate developer specialising in affordable housing in Bahrain, will be the strategic supporter of the inaugural Gulf Property Show being organised by Hilal Conferences & Exhibitions (HCE) in the kingdom later this year.
This follows the signing of a strategic partnership between HCE and Manara Developments.
The Gulf Property Show will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC) from May 7 to 9 under the patronage of the Prime Minister, HRH Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and supported by the Bahrain Property Developers’ Association (BaPDA),
The show is being held as the Bahrain government accelerates the provision of housing for limited- and middle-income families. In the next five years approximately 47,000 housing units will be built - many in the ‘affordable’ bracket - at a total estimated cost of $5.6 billion.
As an associate company of Al Salam Bank Bahrain, Manara Developments provides a range of housing solutions, including for families who have lodged housing applications with the Ministry of Housing.
It has already completed and completely sold the first phases of two ongoing affordable housing projects - Tubli Gardens and Wahat Al Muharraq – and has embarked on the second phases of both.
The Gulf Property Show will showcase key residential and commercial real estate projects in Bahrain and the region, as well as the credentials of property developers and their service providers.
On the strategic accord with HCE, Manara managing director Dr Hasan Al Bastaki said: "Three years ago Manara shifted its focus from the luxury property segment to developments more closely aligned to real, non-speculative market demand. Consequently, we were one of the first major real estate companies in Bahrain to launch the affordable housing concept."
"The strategic support for the Gulf Property Show reflects our real estate leadership position, as well as commitment to supporting sector-wide collaboration and growth. One objective is to leverage this leadership position to encourage other property developers in Bahrain to pursue affordable housing," stated Al Bastaki.
It is also an opportunity to showcase the community-focused credentials of Manara’s residential projects.
HCE managing director Jubran Abdulrahman said: “In the last two years Manara Developments has become synonymous with the provision of affordable housing, which reflects the social needs of our time. Securing Manara’s support for the inaugural Gulf Property Show reflects HCE’s commitment to delivering shows which resonate with the market, and their presence will lend traction to our efforts.”
The debut prioperty show will be held alongside and build on the overwhelming success of HCE’s flagship GulfBid and GulfInteriors exhibitions, the leading trade shows for the Northern Gulf’s building, construction and interiors sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum