Empower awards new cooling plant contract
Dubai, February 18, 2013
Empower, one of the largest district cooling companies in the Middle East, has awarded Al Habtoor STFA Soil Group (HSSG) the contract for carrying out shoring and enabling works in its new district cooling plant at Business Bay in Dubai.
Business Bay project is the first district cooling plant to be constructed in Dubai compliant with the new TSE and TES requirements, as per Dubai Executive Council Directive for conserving environmental resources, including water, in providing district cooling services, said a company statement.
Once ready, the new plant will provide 34,000 RT, catering to the needs of the Business Bay residents, businesses and offices, it added.
A joint venture between Tecom and Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa), provides district cooling services to leading real estate projects in Dubai.
Commenting on the move, CEO Ahmed Bin Shafar said, “We awarded this project to HSSG as the company is handling projects of similar nature in Business Bay. We always select our constructors after due diligence and we have chosen this company for its record and experience in the UAE in this domain.”
According to him, the implementation of the contract will take three months. "We are getting ready to open the tender to appoint the primary constructor to build the plant, with preference being given to local companies and those that we worked with in the past," said Bin Shafar.
"The new plant will serve the needs of residents and offices based in Business Bay around the area of Al Khail Road. It will increase the production capacity of Empower by 10 percent once it is up and running," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals