Drake clinches $122m Saudi project
Dubai, February 17, 2013
Drake & Scull International (DSI), a regional market leader in integrated design, engineering and construction sector, said its civil contracting unit has won a Dh450 million ($122.4 million) project in the southern province of Saudi Arabia.
Drake & Scull Construction (DSC) said the work on the project is due to start immediately and is likely to be completed in December 2014.
DSC said it has achieved strong and consistent performance since its inception in 2010. The company has successfully carried off the transformation from being primarily a UAE- based contractor to substantially increasing its footprint in both Saudi Arabia and Qatar within the span of one year.
Commenting on the win, Saleh Muradweij, the executive director said, “DSC has gone through major milestones in market diversification, backed by a competent management and exceptional workforce. Within a span of a couple of years, it has become a vital part of DSI, with prestigious high profile projects to its credit already."
"We are very much delighted with this achievement and we expect to announce more details on the scope of the project in the second quarter," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain plans $52m spend on infrastructure
- Bahrain launches massive homes revamp
- Arabtec workers stage rare strike
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer