Drake clinches $122m Saudi project
Dubai, February 17, 2013
Drake & Scull International (DSI), a regional market leader in integrated design, engineering and construction sector, said its civil contracting unit has won a Dh450 million ($122.4 million) project in the southern province of Saudi Arabia.
Drake & Scull Construction (DSC) said the work on the project is due to start immediately and is likely to be completed in December 2014.
DSC said it has achieved strong and consistent performance since its inception in 2010. The company has successfully carried off the transformation from being primarily a UAE- based contractor to substantially increasing its footprint in both Saudi Arabia and Qatar within the span of one year.
Commenting on the win, Saleh Muradweij, the executive director said, “DSC has gone through major milestones in market diversification, backed by a competent management and exceptional workforce. Within a span of a couple of years, it has become a vital part of DSI, with prestigious high profile projects to its credit already."
"We are very much delighted with this achievement and we expect to announce more details on the scope of the project in the second quarter," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head