Alstom wins $116m Saudi contract
Riyadh, February 13, 2013
Saudi Electric Company (SEC) has awarded two major substation contracts worth $116.2 million to Alstom Grid, a leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure, in Madinah.
This is the first awarded 380 KV with Saudi Electricity Company since 2007. This is part of the Saudi Grid interconnection projects plan aimed at improving the network in Madinah to face the increasing demand.
In order to meet the demand in Madinah, a new 380/110/13.8kV BSP named Al-Salam BSP and associated 380kV circuits, will be constructed, said a statement from Alstom Grid.
Alstom Grid has been present in the Kingdom for over three decades, bringing to the market strong capabilities in engineering, manufacturing, and project management in addition to the supply of products and solutions for Grid and Power, building upon the great relationship with SEC.
Alstom currently has five reporting units, three operating sites and three sales offices in Saudi. Under the authorities’ programme to strengthen the Kingdom’s energy infrastructure, the Alstom Grid turnkey projects will increase the capacity and the efficiency of the electrical grid in the central part of the country.
These projects will build on Alstom Grid’s several references in the country, which include successful delivery of world’s largest Gas-Insulated substation and the Gulf’s largest High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) converter station (3x600 MW) interconnecting the GCC states, it stated.
Alstom is the market leader in the regional control center through the regional control center in Central, Western and Eastern Region with the GCCIA entity as the central control.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed