Italian fashion brand to design Damac projects
Dubai, February 11, 2013
Damac Properties, one of the largest luxury private developers in the Middle East, has announced a regional strategic tie-up with luxury global brand Fendi to provide interior designs on its projects in Riyadh and Dubai.
As part of the deal, the two companies will partner on the interiors of the Damac Esclusiva Luxury Serviced Apartments project in Riyadh and the exclusive private apartments at Damac Residenze in the Dubai Marina.
The concept of continuity between building and interior space guides the ventures. The two projects are not only furnished with distinctive pieces from the Fendi Casa collection.
The hitech projects, which are currently under construction and set to be completed in 2016, will provide the highest standards of refinement, said a senior official.
Damac Esclusiva Luxury Serviced Apartments is a 150 metre high tower overlooking the Kingdom Tower in Riyadh, which will provide refined luxurious interiors by the Italian fashion house for more than 100 luxury serviced apartments.
“Damac is thrilled to be working with Fendi to take the standards of luxury home living in the Middle East to a new level,” said Hussain Sajwani, its chairman.
“Together we can bring an experience to the market which the region is yet to see. It is a perfect synergy between two visionary companies looking to reach the pinnacle of luxury living,” he noted.
“Damac Riyadh prioject is being made available by invitation and pre-approval to a limited number of VIP’s only, reflecting the quality and refinement on offer. We believe these will be the most desirable serviced apartments available anywhere in the Middle East,” he added.
Fendi chairman and CEO Pietro Beccari said, "Ours is a luxury house, based on the fearless exploration and experimentation of luxury handicraft and strong appreciation of sophisticated materials."
"The Riyadh and Dubai projects are a perfect example of our poly-sensorial, three-dimensional approach to making beautiful things," he added.
Sajwani was joined by Carla Fendi, the honorary president of Fendi and the Italian Ambassador to the UAE Giorgio Starace at the launch held in the Dubai International Financial Centre.
The Italian envoy said the partnership between Damac and Fendi marked an important step forward in the growth of ‘Made in Italy’ in the UAE.
"Fendi is an iconic Italian brand, loved across the world for quality and style. With its sophisticated, top level quality standards it will contribute remarkably to spread the most exclusive Italian luxury tradition in the UAE," noted Starace.
"The two magnificent projects that Fendi and Damac will develop in Saudi Arabia and the UAE reflect a clear trend of ‘Made in Italy’ abroad, especially in this country, a successful trend which is more and more oriented at targeting the highest echelons of the market, offering top level products that represent the best of Italian culture, tradition and know-how,” he added.
Both the Damac Esclusiva Luxury Serviced Apartments in Riyadh and Damac Residenze in Dubai will include the highest standards of finishing and decor including relaxed spa and swimming pools, gymnasiums, restaurants and cafes.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed