Pearl-Qatar fire station work begins
Doha, February 10, 2013
The Pearl-Qatar, United Development Company’s flagship island development, recently broke ground on its first fire station.
The event was attended by high Civil Defense officials as well as the chief executive officer and a group of UDC senior executives.
The station will service the island and its current residential and commercial occupants.
Work on the fire station is expected to be completed in January 2014, with a projected cost of approximately QR25 million ($6.80 million).
“This is an extremely important development for the community at The Pearl-Qatar,” Ebrahim Al-Sulaiti, chief executive officer of UDC said. “Along with reducing the demands on the stations now serving the areas closer to the island, adding an additional fire station would reduce response time and therefore bolster security measures and safety at The Pearl.”
While current response times for areas in the West Bay District and vicinity range from five to 10 minutes, the new station will reduce response time to areas at The Pearl to less than three minutes, meeting the highest of international standards.
The 2,000 sq m station will feature: three apparatus bays; 4-5 fire engines; 4 ambulances; a central command room; multi-purpose room for seminars and staff training; and five individual sleep rooms, each with a bathroom and shower. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014