Technip wins key India PTA contract
New Delhi, February 9, 2013
Technip was awarded by JBF Petrochemicals, a wholly–owned subsidiary of JBF Industries, an important contract for a 1.25 million tons per year latest generation purified terephthalic acid (PTA) unit, to be located in the Special Economic Zone in Mangalore, India.
PTA is the primary feedstock for polyesters used in textiles and packaging.
The contract covers the basic engineering, front-end engineering design, detailed engineering and procurement services for the ISBL (Inside Battery Limit) and the OSBL (Outside Battery Limit) of the unit.
The scope of work also includes supply of materials and construction management services for the ISBL. The plant will feature BP’s leading-edge proprietary PTA technology.
Technip said its operating centers in Rome, Italy and in Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi, India will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed in the first semester of 2015.
Marco Villa, the senior VP of Technip Region B(2) said, "We are very proud to have been selected for this world-scale PTA project. It will bring together the competencies of our operating centers in India and Italy. This contract also reinforces our strong long-lasting collaboration with BP for PTA."
"We believe that the PTA market growth in Asia will open up further opportunities and we hope to develop a long-term relationship with JBF to support their future developments," he noted.
BC Arya, the chairman of JBF Industries, said, “With the commissioning of this plant, it will be a major step for JBF towards backward integration. JBF is proud to be associated with BP and look forward to utilizing Technip’s competency in setting up this world scale project.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan