J/Brice to design three restaurants in Jeddah
Jeddah, February 6, 2013
J/Brice Design International, a Boston-based hotel and resort design firm, has been named to design three upscale outlets at the new Sea Wonders Aquarium in Jeddah, the first fully operational aquarium in the region.
With tourism booming in the Arabian Peninsula, J/Brice Design has been awarded many hospitality design contracts over the past decade, including the first Kempenski Hotel to open in Saudi Arabia and boutique hotels and large-scale residential villas for private clients.
Jeffrey Ornstein, CEO and founder of the firm, said the project will include an American themed family restaurant named Ocean Drive, an uber-chic Japanese Sushi Restaurant and a shisha bar which sits astride over 500 feet of the Red Sea shoreline called The Promenade.
The Fakieh Group developed the $40 million Sea Wonders Aquarium in Jeddah where 7,000 marine animals consisting of more than 200 species – including sharks, dolphins and sea lions – are on display in their natural habitat.
The aquarium design gives the guest an amazing sensation of gradually diving into the sea by passing through "immersion" rooms, a mangrove forest and a coral reef, and a dhow wreck. The aquarium will accommodate 14,000 visitors a day and is expected to be a major destination for both the local community as well as tourists. -TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schneider Electric unveils new solar products
- Big demand for housing projects at KAEC
- Bahrain real estate prices slump
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager