Deyaar profit grows marginally
Dubai, February 5, 2013
Dubai developer Deyaar on Tuesday reported a marginal increase in full year net profit, as it booked gains from deliveries of long-pending commercial and residential properties in the emirate.
Deyaar, the emirate's second largest developer by market value, made a consolidated net profit of 38.6 million dirhams ($10.5 million) in 2012, compared with 37.7 million dirhams in the year-ago period, it said in an emailed statement.
Its fourth-quarter net profit was 5.4 million dirhams compared with a loss of 7.8 million dirhams in the prior-year period, Reuters calculated based on the full year earning figures provided by the company.
No quarterly figures were provided and Reuters calculated the quarterly figure from previous financial statements.
The earnings fell well short of an estimate by SICO Bahrain which expected a fourth-quarter profit of 22.6 million dirhams.
The developer, one of the many property firms in Dubai that were badly hit by the real estate bust in 2009, has focused on completion of stalled developments and have not announced any new project in years.
Deyaar delivered a total of 629 commercial and residential units to customers in 2012 at a total sales value of 600 million dirhams, it said.
Property firms in Dubai are gradually recovering from a real estate collapse that saw home prices in the emirate plunge by over 50 percent from its peak in 2008.
Emaar Properties, Dubai's largest developer, posted a 28 percent drop in fourth-quarter net profit last week, as it revived some of its stalled projects. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed