Italy’s Umpi offers eco-friendly lighting
Dubai, February 5, 2013
Leading Italian company Umpi had developed a modern illumination technology offering 30 per cent savings in energy costs in addition to the simplicity of maintenance and replacement of lamps on the grid.
The AL Garhoud residential area in Dubai was fitted out with the Umpi’s Minos System, creating the first “smart street” in the UAE, a statement said.
This technology turns out to be the first lighting line composed of sodium and metal halide lamps, which are remote controlled by way of Syra-D system with programmed reduction of the SW Minos-X via astronomical and weekly timers.
The IOS management server was installed at the offices of the power plant manager, to which the remaining five lighting lines – forming the hub of the power substation – will shortly be connected, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract