DWC in key services deal with Australia firm
Dubai, February 4, 2013
Dubai World Central (DWC) recently partnered with Australia-based Aircraft Support Industries (ASI) to jointly provide clients with built-to-suit and related services in aircraft hangar and maintenance facilities at DWC’s Aviation District.
Under the agreement, DWC will provide the plots at the Aviation District where the aircraft maintenance facilities will be built, while ASI will provide design and construction services.
Both parties also agreed to later sign a joint venture agreement that will set out the details and define the respective roles and responsibilities of DWC and ASI to execute and deliver the services.
Rashed Bu Qara’a, chief operating officer, Dubai Aviation City Corporation, said: “Dubai World Central’s MOU with Aircraft Support Industries is a strategically important move that reinforces our ability to provide fully integrated business solutions to our clients.”
“This partnership consolidates DWC’s core offerings by giving us direct access to world-class expertise and technology that will help fast track development of state-of-the-art aircraft maintenance facilities and equipment within DWC’s Aviation District.
“A first-of-its-kind aerotropolis in the Middle East, DWC is a strategic initiative of Dubai Government that serves as a one-stop destination for all aviation-related businesses and a platform for global companies to strengthen their foothold in the MENASA region. Having built a proven global track record in aircraft maintenance for over two decades, ASI will play a crucial role in realizing the vision of DWC and cementing the reputation of the Aviation District as the ideal regional headquarters for leading companies in the global aviation industry,” he added.
Justin Langbein, general manager, ASI, said: “Dubai World Central has energized the global aviation industry by unlocking new possibilities for aviation companies worldwide. It has generated global attention with a growing number of aviation businesses now eager to leverage DWC’s dedicated infrastructure and unique multi-modal capabilities to expand and grow their business in the Middle East and other international markets.
“ASI is therefore pleased to be part of the continuing transformation of DWC as one of the world’s premier aviation hubs. Building on our specialist expertise and extensive global experience, we aim to work closely with DWC to provide world-class integrated services that complement the reputation of Dubai World Central as a center for aviation excellence.”
Headquartered in Sydney, with regional offices in the UAE and Singapore, ASI is internationally recognized for its expertise in the design and construction of aircraft hangars and maintenance facilities servicing the global maintenance, repairs and operations (MRO) and fixed base operators (FBO) market.
DWC is a strategic initiative of the government of Dubai that is recognised as the Middle East's first aerotropolis. It is one of the most ambitious projects of its kind in the world comprising the new Al Maktoum International Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan