MaxXLogistics wins Etihad Rails project
Dubai, February 3, 2013
Dubai-based MaxXLogistics, a joint venture between Saudi company Almajdouie and China's Sinotrans Limited, said it has won a major project from Etihad Rail in UAE for the shipment and handling of rail wagons.
Etihad Rail is an enterprise founded in 2010 to develop the 1,200 km national railway network stretching across the UAE.
Etihad Rail Project is a government-owned project and is in partnership with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) which aims to deliver significant strategic benefits such as providing a secure transportation link between UAE and its GCC neighbors.
As per the contract, Maxx will be handling the shipment and transportation of rail wagons which will be used in Phase 1 of the Etihad Rail Project, which will link Shah-Habshan-Ruwais rail line in the Western Region of UAE for the transport of granulated sulphur.
The first shipment of wagons arrived at Mina Zayed and transportation to its destination started in the month of January 2013.
Commenting on the contract, Feng Lin, the general manager said the project was a big achievement for MaxXLogistics as it was a long-term project that would bring significant revenue for the company. "This achievement and success in handling the project were the fruit of MaxXLogistics team’s hard work and teamwork," he remarked.
Headquartered in Jebel Ali, Maxx focuses on offering 3PL services which includes warehousing (ambient and temperature-controlled), distribution, freight forwarding, overland transportation, FCL & LCL shipment consolidation, project logistics as well as door to door logistics services, and other value-added services.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: project |
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'