Empower design manual wins US summit nod
Dubai, February 3, 2013
The first global District Cooling and Heating Design Manual, funded and sponsored by Empower, a top district cooling company, was approved at a major heating and refrigerating conference in the US.
The international manual was given unanimous approval by the members of the technical committee at the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Conference 2013 which concluded recently in Dallas.
UAE is the first country to sponsor the release of this international manual that will serve as reference for district cooling (DC) and heating design. Empower funded all the studies and research required to create the manual, while also supporting the manual with a case study on its Business Bay plant room.
Incepted in 1894, ASHRAE, the patron of the manual, is an international organization with 51,000 members across the world.
Ahmed Bin Shafar, CEO of Empower said: “Empower is proud to be the only district cooling company in the world to support the research and studies for the international manual which has been designed as a global reference point for district heating and cooling. We believe it will raise the bar on the standards in these two industries across the world.”
The approved manual is a stand-alone publication which through its deep focus on planning, design, and operation covers issues relevant to district cooling and heating applications in all regions of the world, including the Middle East.
Available to engineers and experts in district cooling and heating industries, the design manual includes the following sections: Introduction, System Planning, Central Plant Room, Distribution System, End User Interface, Thermal Storage, Instrumentation and Control, Operations & Maintenance, System Enhancement and Case Study. – TradeArabia News Conference
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum