Image courtesy: www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae
Nakheel to start work on $600m mall
Dubai, February 3, 2013
Dubai's Nakheel will start construction on a Dh2.5 billion ($680 million) mall on the Palm Jumeirah this year, according to a local newspaper report.
Construction of the Nakheel Mall will start following orders from HH Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, said the Gulf News report.
Shaikh Mohammad also ordered the start of work on the Dh800 million The Pointe retail project at Palm Jumeirah, said a Wam news agency report.
Shaikh Mohammad's decions followed a recent visit by him to the Nakheel headquarters.
Nakheel Mall will cover over one million square feet and will be located at the top of the trunk in the Palm Jumeirah. RSP was announced as the designer of the mall last year when Nakheel announced plans for the mall, said the report.
The 'Nakheel Mall', with its exquisite view of Al Ittihad Garden and the Atlantis at the Palm Jumeirah will feature a 200-room state-of-the-art hotel, 200 hotel apartments and a restaurant with a panoramic sea view.
'The Pointe,' which is considered a new destination for dining and relaxed entertainment will be located at the tip of The Palm just across the bay from Atlantis. 'The Pointe' is a large scale complex nestled among gardens and the inner calm waters of the bay boasting a combination of bustling retail shops, high end restaurants as well as an exciting mix of cafes and patisseries.
Sheikh Mohammed expressed satisfaction with the new projects and said: "We must continue in the path of excellence... as Dubai always has."
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed