Sodic names new MD
Cairo, January 30, 2013
The Board of Directors of Sodic, a leading Egypt property developer, has approved the appointment of Ahmed Badrawi, currently chief business development officer, as the new managing director of the company.
This follows the resignation of Maher Maksoud as the company's deputy chairman and managing director. Maksoud's resignation is effective March 31 and will end his seven- year term with the company.
During Maksoud’s term the company achieved outstanding operational and financial results, said a statement. Operationally, Sodic began construction of Sodic West, the largest planned mixed-use development in Egypt's Sheikh Zayed area, comprising a cluster of integrated real estate projects.
In addition, the company's acquired land plots increased 80 per cent reaching more than 9.4 million sq m, it said.
Financially, during Maksoud's tenure, Sodic's total investments reached LE 5.2 billion, while the value of delivered units stands at LE 3.8 billion. SODIC's total sales reached LE 7.6 billion, with gross profits of LE 668 million. Moreover, the performance of the company's stocks has been stronger than those of its competitors.
Badrawi, joined Sodic in 2006. He has worked extensively with Maksoud for the last seven years in an effort to achieve the company's consistent growth.
Badrawi holds a degree from the London School of Law and prior to joining Sodic, he worked as an entrepreneurial lawyer in the UK and the Gulf for 10 years. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum