Bahrain completes key road revamp project
Manama, January 27, 2013
The Bahrain Ministry of Works has announced the successful completion of the BD1.33 million ($3.48 million) road revamp project in Sehla area of the Kingdom.
The revamp work in block 439 at Sehla comes as part of the Ministry's plan to develop roads and infrastructure in various areas in the Kingdom, said the ministry in a statement.
Raed Al Salah, the director of the Roads Projects & Maintenance at MoW said the contractors Down Town Construction Company completed the project under the supervision of a team of engineers from the ministry.
The ministry also completed the revamp of Blocks 602 & 604 in Sitra at a cost of BD227,199.
The project, awarded to Al Tadamon Excavation, included replacement of old pavements with category ‘A’ layers, implementing ground pipes for future use, lighting, asphalting and signage works.
Under this project, a new 2.8 km long road has been laid which will connect 217 residential units to the main road network, thereby facilitating the movement in the area and increasing traffic safety levels.
"The ministry is revamping roads on different areas and locations in the Kingdom as part of a defined time agenda that aims to upgrade and revamp villages in various governorates," said Al Salah.
"This is being done in co-ordination with Municipal Councils in order to provide high quality services to citizens and residents," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum