Bahrain building 30,000 homes for citizens
Manama, January 23, 2013
Bahrains to build and hand over more than 30,000 government homes to citizens over the next five years, a senior government official said.
A total of 51,000 applicants were still on waiting lists, Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer was quoted as saying by our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
He added that the ministry was going to solve the problem once and for all.
"The numbers clustered since 1999 due to budget problems and 55pc of the applications were submitted less than five years ago, while 45 per cent are old," he told MPs as he appeared in parliament.
"We are planning to give out 33,500 homes across Bahrain within the next five years as work goes on in East Hidd for 4,500 homes, 5,000 homes in Sitra, 15,000 at the Northern Town and 11,000 homes in other projects across the kingdom.
"Currently, there are plans for 4,000 homes in the Southern Governorate, 1,800 homes in the whole of Buhair, 3,200 in Salmabad and 830 in Louzy, near Hamad Town,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth