Bahrain building 30,000 homes for citizens
Manama, January 23, 2013
Bahrains to build and hand over more than 30,000 government homes to citizens over the next five years, a senior government official said.
A total of 51,000 applicants were still on waiting lists, Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer was quoted as saying by our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
He added that the ministry was going to solve the problem once and for all.
"The numbers clustered since 1999 due to budget problems and 55pc of the applications were submitted less than five years ago, while 45 per cent are old," he told MPs as he appeared in parliament.
"We are planning to give out 33,500 homes across Bahrain within the next five years as work goes on in East Hidd for 4,500 homes, 5,000 homes in Sitra, 15,000 at the Northern Town and 11,000 homes in other projects across the kingdom.
"Currently, there are plans for 4,000 homes in the Southern Governorate, 1,800 homes in the whole of Buhair, 3,200 in Salmabad and 830 in Louzy, near Hamad Town,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches waterfront luxury project
- Ebrahim Kanoo buys key plots at Manara project
- Arabtec wins $108m Saudi hospital contract
- Bahrain awards $16m road projects
- UAE office fitouts shifting to modular layouts
- Bahrain set to revamp fish market
- Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
- BIME awarded key Saudi contract
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer