Marafeq studies Empower cooling system
Dubai, January 21, 2013
A delegation from Marafeq Qatar, a leading utility services company, recently visited Emirates Cooling (Empower) in Dubai to study use of treated water in district cooling production.
Both Marafeq and Empower that with the huge construction projects taking place in Qatar, district cooling will have a bigger role to play.
The delegation was briefed during a tour of the Empower plant in Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC).
Ahmad Bin Shafar, CEO of Empower, said that district cooling has high growth potential in the Gulf which is becoming a major player in the production of district cooling, with a large percentage of the global production being supplied in the Gulf in general and UAE in particular.
The Marafeq Qatar delegation expressed interest in the environmental solutions implemented in providing district cooling by Empower.
The delegation was briefed about the Treated Sewage Effluent (TSE) system adopted by Empower to provide district cooling services. The DHCC plant visited by the delegation has a capacity to deliver 1000 cu m/day of pure water based on Reverse Osmosis technology. Empower team explained the technique of purifying water to minimize water wastage.
According to Empower, the purpose of district cooling is to save energy thus using sewage or recycled water in producing district cooling represents a huge step in water conservation.
District cooling companies in the Middle East, led by Empower, are using global practices to serve their customers, said Bin Shafar.
Marafeq Qatar, owned by Qatari Diar Company, provides comprehensive package of utility management included master planning, infrastructure designing and construction supervision. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna